First of all, it is a smart decision to get a ‘Mold Inspection’ done on your home. Mold is defined in California Senate Bill 655 as ‘microorganisms or fungi’ which is not referring to visible mold necessarily. The reason is that they start out microscopic and cannot be seen with the unaided eye. Microorganisms include the living microscopic bacteria that also include pathogenic bacteria that can make you sick.
Why is it a smart decision to have this type of inspection done on your home? Because it can uncover potential moisture or mold issues before they become a much bigger problem. And addressing the potential issues quickly will safeguard not only your property but more importantly your family’s health.
If a moisture problem is detected and can be covered by your homeowner’s insurance to pay for the needed work to fix the problem then your insurance will usually reimburse you for the ‘Mold Inspection’ you have done that found the problem.
If for some reason you don’t file a claim or the issue found is not covered by your insurance then you will undoubtedly save money on further repairs and even doctor visits by taking care of the problem that was found.
To your health!
Steve Mullins (i.e. mold detector)
Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC)
Moisture and Mold Detection, Inc.