Feb 7, 2023

How to get rid of Endotoxins (from dangerous bacteria)

Most people don’t realize that when mold grows so does dangerous bacteria in damp conditions.  These bacteria produce what are called ‘Endotoxins’ that we can breathe in and affect our health in a bad way, potentially being fatal.

One of the best ways to get rid of these in the air of your home is to use a UV lamp, that can reach the average room, to neutralize endotoxins that is touches.  As the endotoxins absorb the UV light they are neutralized by that light.  It takes from about 45 minutes to an hour for the average room.  Be sure to follow the directions for use so as not to endanger your eyes.

A UV light used with an air cleaning machine with a hepa filter is a great combination.  This is because the hepa filter will screen out all mold spores and the bacteria that produce the endotoxins. Getting one with a UV light is even better as it can neutralize both the bacteria and endotoxins as these come into the machine.

Steve Mullins (i.e. mold detector)

CMC, Certified Microbial Consultant

Moisture and Mold Detection, Inc.

About Us
Contact Us

Pin It on Pinterest